OnlyKey duo buttons broke when using adapter

I was attempting to insert my DUO into the included adapter to use with my iPhone and its buttons snapped off. Has this been an issue for anyone else? Is it still usable?

1 Like

@gibsonjared It is likely still usable, I have not heard many reports of this issue but yes the DUO is a smaller but more fragile device than the regular OnlyKey.

Electrically, is button 3 just when you press 1 & 2 simultaneously? I had a backup device ready, so I’m fine with experimenting on this one to see if I can make it fully usable.

Additionally, is the original version of OnlyKey compatible with backups from the Duo? If so, I may order one of those as a replacement eventually.

Electrically, is button 3 just when you press 1 & 2 simultaneously? I had a backup device ready, so I’m fine with experimenting on this one to see if I can make it fully usable.

Correct

Additionally, is the original version of OnlyKey compatible with backups from the Duo? If so, I may order one of those as a replacement eventually.

Yes, backups are interchangeable between OnlyKey and DUO

Yes I have had this issue on several of my Duo’s. I created a topic " Structurally the duo keychain hole is not strong enough " . I have gotten no response yet. I will need to take the Duo’s out of service until there is a solution.