Neither of 2 NEW DUO keys will go into CONFIG MODE OR RESET

Bought 2 new duo keys, using them on Linux - Ubuntu 22.04. Installed the app and the Udev rules.

I’m trying to get either key into config mode, both exhibit the same issues…

Touch the little copper side that has #1 for 10 seconds, and I am using a STOP WATCH to make sure I hold it long enough. lights blink, go red, yellow, all colors of the rainbow and returns to GREEN.

The App reports “please plug in key” then message “UNLOCKEDv3.0.4-prodn” flashes momentarily, check the attached video, then the app says:

Last message received: 1e|

and the key is NOT in config mode. Any idea what the error codes mean?

Also I can NOT reset the keys, either one, by holding #1 key for 10 Seconds and #2 key for 20 seconds, I get the same result no matter what I do.

fwversion = v3.0.4-prodn

Are you touching the device immediately upon plugging it in for 10sec? It takes about 2 seconds after you plug it in to start up and be ready to receive button press.

Nope. not touching it immediately… Waiting for the lights to stop flashing. Stops with Green led by #1 on.

Touch and hold #1 for 10+ seconds, lights dance, and it goes back to green solid light.

tried again just now, key has been in system for hours and same result.

OK SOLVED it.

this is a DUO key, aka REALLY really small. playing with it long enough I figured up that my fingers are so big, that when I thought I was touching key #1, it was reading it as touching both keys.

So i CAN get the key into config mode now…