Only Key DUO Username/Password Setup

Hi,

I am new to OnlyKey DUO and have a question on setting up the DUO. I can see that I can setup a password, but how do I setup a username with a password?

Thank you for your help.

OnlyKey Support! Do You Care About your customers? Why can’t you answer my question? I am new to using this and paid for it. Where is the customer Support? I am disappointed. I would appreciate a reply.

I still have not received any communication from OnlyKey in any effort to resolve my issue. What a disappointment. Where is the customer service? OnlyKey, do you care about your customers?

Still no answer. I’ve been asking for help for over 2 months. I even sent a reply to CryptoTrust, and still no one replied. What a disappointment. I guess you really do not care about your customers. All I am asking for his a little help. This is the most frustrating experience I have had with your company.

As another end user, I struggled to figure out how you could get to the point where you can see that you can setup a password, but not see the place for the username right above it…until I went and looked at the documentation for the DUO specifically, which I’m sure you’ve already seen, but I found enlightening, and now I think I understand where you’re coming from and what you missed.

The screenshot under Configure Basic Login Info only shows blanks for a label, password (with re-entry), what to do after the password, and the typing speed. I was confused by this at first, because in the app for my Onlykey, there’s a lot more than that, and I thought they worked essentially the same.

So I kept going, scrolling down to the part in that section for "Set up a slot (Basic Login), where it’s actually showing how to store a password (the first subsection is about storing just a label, which you certainly can do, although I can’t imagine why I ever would).

The key is that down below all the screenshots for that, just before “Generate Strong Passwords Online,” it says:

If you would like to learn more about setting usernames, passwords, and filling custom login forms check out Set up a Slot (Advanced Login)

…A link which, I will note, doesn’t appear directly in the sidebar/table of contents. That seems to me like an oversight.

The section on Advanced Login, which appears a little ways after the instructions for loading firmware if you just scrolled there instead of noticing the aforementioned link, has a screenshot that is more like what I expected to see, and includes the critical pieces of information:

Note: OnlyKey DUO by default has no device PIN required and when no device PIN is set allows users to set static passwords or multi-factor authentication to slots. This limitation only applies when OnlyKey DUO has no device PIN, to enable full features and perform advanced logins set a device PIN in the ‘‘Setup’’ tab of the OnlyKey App. This device PIN provides physical security in the event the OnlyKey DUO is lost or stolen

Once OnlyKey DUO is PIN protected multiple values can be set to a slot, let’s assign a username AND password

So the issue appears to be that you have not set up a PIN. The instructions for doing that are linked from the table of contents, although all the documentation actually says is

To change PIN go to the [Setup] tab, put OnlyKey in config mode, and follow the instruction in the app to set a new PIN.

And, as far as that goes, the instructions on the Setup tab - at least for a non-DUO Onlykey - also tell you that you have to put the Onlykey in config mode, and also actually tell you how.

But the critical piece of information, again - which I didn’t know either - is that you can only use advanced logins with a PIN set. I agree that could stand to be much more clearly indicated, especially since the DUO doesn’t require one by default. From the perspective of a non-DUO Onlykey user who’s had a PIN since day one, your bafflement was quite baffling.

Bob,

Thank you for our reply. What you posted helped me tremendously. Thank you so much.