YOUR ONLYKEY PIN ISM
-(é’-(é 6524652
YOUR ONLYKEY SECOND PROFILE PIN ISM
(‘(-&’- 5456146
YOUR ONLYKEY SELF)DESTRUCT PIN ISM
( ’ " " ’ ( " 5433453
YOUR ONLYKEY BQCKUP PQSSPHRQSE ISM

k(,rcrn,n"dj . . . 'szén(n_qu,l

To stqrt using OnlyKey enter your pri,qry or secondqry PIN on the OnlyKey - button keypqd
OnlyKey is reqdy for use qs q security key 9FIDOé!UéF0 qnd for chqllenge)response
For qdditionql feqtures such qs pqsszord ,qnqge,ent instqll the OnlyKey desktop qpp
httpsM!!onlykey:io!qpp
888 SETUP CO?PLETE; DELETE THIS TEXT 888

as you can see the text is outputed in QWERTY keyboard while mine is AZERTY…
i have translated the pin to get it working

the backup key is wrongly issued too so unusable

i tried to change pin in app, but next button does not work after typing pin
as stated
Enter a 7 - 10 digit PIN on your OnlyKey six-button keypad. When you are finished, click [Next] below.
(i tried to type pin next and tried twice same no result)
i tried as explianed in OnlyKey User's Guide | Docs
Step 2. Enter a PIN code on the OnlyKey Keypad, check the disclaimer box, and select [Next].
Step 3. Re-enter PIN code, and select [Next].
no way
not really clear :frowning_face:

i tried to update firmware to OnlyKey-Firmware-2.1.0-prod.zip
but unable to get yellow light for flashing… maybe i make something wrong

i made a backup key
it issued as expected the backup text file but in AZERTY keyboard…

)))))BEGIN ONLYKEY BQCKUP)))))
-Uél-JAPLexbrXVrsruPnHPEj"IàzàBE,blU

i tried the to restore this backup but as i expected it’s bad format

Could not parse backup file.
InvalidCharacterError: Failed to execute ‘atob’ on ‘Window’: The string to be decoded is not correctly encoded

clearly something is wrong with this key…
HID language issue will certainly be the same for username / password
sorry but i will make some more test and probably return to supplier…

thanks for any help before return

I have change the language in app preference tab so the backup in now issued properly and i can make a restore

but it clearly means the only key can not be used on multi language situation (travel in foreign country)

i’ve got the key working to connect after PIN with google advanced protection which is my main use

waiting to see how it will work to connect with iphone i’m still waiting lightning converter

@ari The OnlyKey quick setup is only usable on a system that uses Qwerty keyboard. For others you will need to use the second option which is the app setup. To wipe the key and start over just enter the self-destruct PIN or 10 incorrect PINs.

Once your device is set up you can set your keyboard layout to Azerty in the OnlyKey preferences keyboard profiles. https://docs.crp.to/usersguide.html#configurable-keyboard-layouts

There is currently no way to have a USB device autodetect the computer’s keyboard layout. When traveling the configurable keyboard layout must be set to the desired keyboard layout.

Ht T11,
Yes, i see that…
Maybe the docs need to be updated to display this tips before trying easy setup !
i’ve not yet success to change pin…

if i wipe the key and restart config from scratch (no backup restore) , does it means the google fido key setup is also lost and need to delete key and re-add key after reset ?

i read that onlykey can store up to 12 tokens for fido / fido2 managed by CLI only, so does it mean that i can setup the key to connect “only” for 12 fido services ?

The key seems nice, but miss some feeling return when i type pin, the color is not enough to see if i made a mistake (or really pressed the key)…, maybe should send a bip after pressing key or maybe with time i will get better useability.

Thanks

@ari The users guide has been updated to state that US layout keyboard is required for quick setup. If you wipe your OnlyKey then yes you would have to re-register as a security key with sites.

i read that onlykey can store up to 12 tokens for fido / fido2 managed by CLI only, so does it mean that i can setup the key to connect “only” for 12 fido services ?

This is only for FIDO resident keys, this is not something that is supported by most sites. If you are registering a security key to use as a 2nd factor (FIDO U2F) this works on an unlimited number of sites. Here is our docs with more information: OnlyKey User's Guide | Docs

@t11 thanks i missed the “username resident key” and just retain fido.

finally it seems to be ok for my use : 2auth key with security pin.

waiting to see how it will work with iphone…

Hi
Maybe you can add a keyboard setup for quick install
something like echo a list of keyboard / code to pin on key, usual page code can not be used because of only 6 number keyboard but something like

Echo 1 US QWERY/ 2 DE QWERTZ / 3 FR AZERTY … / 99 Others
Echo type number on the onlykey to select

echo you have selected keyboard XYZ,

echo press 5 to change or 6 to confirm,

then set the keyboard type in onlykey
and run the quick setup
Maybe because of memory size you’ll have not enough place to store text for all keyboard layout…

and should be nice to have the same key with some Gb of usb crypted storage pin protected

the press 5 to confirm 6 to change should be used for all settings prior saving (like pin that should be displayed before they are stored)
my 2 cents…