I’m starting to see the attached warning message on MacOS Tahoe. Are there any plans to release an Apple Silicon native version of the OnlyKey app? I have come to depend on this awesome tool and I look forward to new hardware/software from OK.

I’m starting to see the attached warning message on MacOS Tahoe. Are there any plans to release an Apple Silicon native version of the OnlyKey app? I have come to depend on this awesome tool and I look forward to new hardware/software from OK.

Yes, we will be releasing silicon version. It just made sense to use a single version for now as the app does not require performance.
Awesome, thanks for the the fast response!
I interpret this as needing to release a macOS version fully compatible with 26 in preparation for 27. Is the current version on the onlykey app limited to macOS 15.7.7 but not yet with 26 since macOS 26 is not compatible with intel macs? I’m a new/future customer and in the process of buying an apple silicone machine, but wonder what to expect.
Any status update on this new native app for M-based and A18-based MacBooks
macOS Golden Gate, soon to be released will not have the support for this old binary.
Thanks, yes we are looking to do a new release soon. Also macOS 27 Golden Gate is the last version of macOS to fully support x86-64 applications via the Rosetta 2 translation layer. So the current app will still work on this release.
Any time line for when the new app is expected to be available?
macOS Golden Gate 27 just released and there’s no support for Intel-based apps anymore.
Any ETA on the new version?
Have you tried installing the app in macOS Golden Gate 27? Intel is still supported, you may see a warning that says something like “will not open in macOS 28”.
Thanks, didn’t do the installation yet, but good to know that for this app I’m safe!
Please let us know when exactly you are going to release an Apple Silicon version of your desktop application. We cannot wait until the very last moment. We need some time to make preparations in case support for this platform is not going to be in place in time. Hope you understand our position.