Lastpass and Yubico OTP

Search says this has never been addressed. The docs say that Onlykey is supposed to work with Lastpass and Yubikey OTP but I can’t make it work. I’ve been through the steps but it never recognizes the generated password. I cannot use the TOTP option as I use Authy as my TOTP so that I can share with my Wife. She would not be willing to use a hardware key.

Does Lastpass require the Yubico Cloud setup, which the doc warns strongly against, even though it provides directions?

Anyone have this working at all? If I can’t get it working, the Onlykey goes back to Amazon and that would be a shame.

I cannot use the TOTP option as I use Authy as my TOTP so that I can share with my Wife.

You can use both OnlyKey and Authy with TOTP

The docs say that Onlykey is supposed to work with Lastpass and Yubikey OTP

The docs describe setup using OnlyKey with Lastpass using TOTP. Lastpass uses YubiCloud as do most online services you would need to follow steps in the users guide to set up YubiCloud with your OnlyKey to use that method

Thanks. How would one set up two different authenticators for TOTP? In my experience once you set up one the only way to set up another is to disable the first.

And I guess that note from the docs sorta answers my question. I just wanted to be sure before proceeding since the docs to set it up specifically recommend against doing so.

In my experience once you set up one the only way to set up another is to disable the first.

No with TOTP you could set it up on an unlimited number of authenticator apps or devices by scanning the QR code on multiple authenticator apps or by inputing the TOTP secret value into multiple devices.

If you don’t mine me chipping in.

With TOTP that QR code is just a string of letters that you can copy and add to other TOTP software, so you won’t need to set up more than one authenticator QR code on an account

That way, you can use your ONLYKEY and your wife can use TOTP (and so can you once you add the QR code to your TOTP)

I too am having no luck getting onlykey to work with Lastpass. I have followed the instructions to set up my onlykey with Yubicloud (unofficially, of course!). I get to step 6 [Step 6. This will open a web browser, to complete the registration enter the OTP in the ‘‘OTP from the Yubikey®’’ field by pressing the button on your OnlyKey] and it bombs - That is, when I press the assigned slot on the onlykey to generate the otp, i am kicked out of my mac session and the onlykey locks. I have tried it numerous times and different ways. When I log back into my mac, the Yubicloud web form is still visible but no otp has been entered. Very frustrating as I was really hoping this could be my backup key. Any help is much appreciated!

It sounds like you set your OnlyKey button (slot number) as a lock button:

Setting your button as a lock button overrides anything else you would put in that slot and locks the computer when you press it. Set to 0 to disable.

You nailed it. I forgot I did that early on when I first started playing with it.