A Few Questions need Answering Please

Hi, I’m a fresh new user as well, so I won’t be able to help with everything, but I think I can help with with a couple of points:

1. The Lock button doesn’t just lock the computer, but also logs you out of the OnlyKey profile. That means that before you can use the OnlyKey again you have to re-unlock it with either of your PINs.

2. The char limit is set by the hardware, see t11’s answer on this. However when I’ve found myself short of characters, I just divide them between user and password, set “nothing” in between, here’s an example
    Remember that you can use special characters in the password field as well.
    Also remember that after the URL there will always be a Return. I haven’t played around with sysadmin mode yet, but I’m guessing that most of my scripts would have " \gr \2 cmd" in the URL field

3. No help here, sorry, only a suggestion and a tip:

• Suggestion: try to put \gr \2 cmd \r \2 ipconfig in the URL field, but remember the user guide:

You can chain together multiple ‘ \t ’ or ‘ \r ’ in the fields. Its one space to start and one space to end so if your chaining together multiple tabs it would have a double space in between

That means that the command in my suggestion should have one space before \gr and two spaces between \gr and \2, and \r and \2

• Tip: when you’re trying to debug a slot, open notepad (not Notepad++, I found its autocomplete function can interfere with the OK) and touch it. See what it does. Are tabs being typed as tabs or did you use the wrong slash and you get “/t”? Did you use the right slash but the first special character still gets typed out? You might have forgotten a space before the “/”…
  1. Yeah, what’s up with that? I tried setting it up in five different browsers and two computers but it always fails, and only with my MS account.
2 Likes