When I try to sign a message with WebCrypt, I always get “Error incorrect challenge entered”. Steps to repeat:
- Go to OnlyKey - Encrypt & sign messages in your browser using OnlyKey
- Choose “Sign Only”
- Enter my ProtonMail address, and a message
- Click “Sign”
- Challenge code is presented. LED on OnlyKey changes to yellow, but just for the first 5 seconds of the 10 second countdown.
- While LED is yellow, I enter the challenge code. The LED does not flash as I press buttons, suggesting it’s not registering the button presses.
- The countdown continues until it runs out.
- “Error incorrect challenge was entered”
Possible contributing factors:
- OnlyKey is in sysadmin mode.
- I have one key saved on the OnlyKey. It’s an ECC key. It has a subkey.
I’ve tried changing my preferences from “Challenge Code Required” to “Button Press Required.” But WebCrypt still presents the challenge code.
Thanks for your help!