Raspberry/Pine (ARM)

Hey

Way back it used to be possible to configure the OnlyKey on any system using Chrome. Now this option doesn’t seem to exist anymore, or are there still some way I can configure my OnlyKey on an Arm/Pinebook/Raspberry PI?

I had it installed on my Pinebook in Chrome, but reinstalled it before I knew I couldn’t install it again. Is there any way to get it back on?

It sounds like you had the Chrome app previously. I have updated the steps to install the OnlyKey Chrome App can you try this out and report back if these steps work for you?

Hi @t11

Thank you ! I’ve followed the link : https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/onlykey-configuration/adafilbceehejjehoccladhbkgbjmica

But this simply says: This item can only run on ChromeOS

Can the Chrome App be downloaded and side-loaded ?..

Yes, I have instructions here for loading the Chrome App from the Chrome Web Store here:

And then the instructions for loading the Chrome App unpacked for things like ARM based Linux systems:

I don’t know how I could have missed this before, but thank you!

I downloaded the zip file, and loaded it into chromium on a fresh install of Armbian and I get the error message “Old versions of Chrome apps won’t open on Linux devices after December 2022. You can check if there’s a new version available”.

Please enlighten me, is this a date problem or a Chromium version problem?

I can’t get this to work. Found a bunch of old packages under Debian, but none of these seem to be for arm64: UbuntuUpdates - Package Search (all versions of google-chrome-stable)
Don’t know where to look for the correct packages, and don’t know who to ask…

Could you please add a link in the tutorial for ARM users, where one can get a version of Chromium that works with your App. As it is now, your docs aren’t of much help unfortunately.