Adding GPG Stored Keys

@t11 @George taken this a little further. I know this thread has taken a few avenues - trying GPG generated keys and trying PM keys but I’ve been testing now solely with PM keys which I can always get working with WebCrypt.

Since trying PM keys, I used your command example @t11 to copy/paste (with relevant changes) to make sure I was definitely inline with what you were doing:

But I’ve since noticed that your speech marks are funky (“ vs ") which is the cause of the error gpg: error reading key: No secret key. Looks like Discourse is modifying them in blockquotes. I can now confirm that I’m confident this is the same issue @George reported.

So we’re comparing apples with apples, I’ve also reproduced this on Kali. Loaded the live CD and ran:

Then I ran:

rm -rf ~/.gnupg/onlykey && onlykey-gpg init “my-user@pm.me” -sk 102 -dk 101 -i publickey.my-user@pm.me.asc && echo “secret message” | gpg2 --encrypt -r “my-user@pm.me” | gpg2 --decrypt

Less the strange quotes symbols (replaced with normal ones) and where ‘my user’ is replaced with my username which I can confirm matches what’s shown in GPG when importing the pub key. The output is the error:

gpg: keydb_search failed: End of file
gpg: error reading key: End of file

We also know Stored Key Input Mode is set to Button Press Required. This error is irrelevant as to whether the OnlyKey is plugged in or not.

I’m able to reproduce this across Kali, Ubuntu and Tails.

@t11 have you been able to test this since? Are you using the same build?

– BVS