Resident keys / Passkeys

Hello,

I successfully set up my Onlykey for passkey login on github.
‘onlykey-cli credential info’ is saying that I have 11 remaining resident keys (1 is used for github).
So this means in the upcoming future, when passkeys are maybe getting more importance, we are only able to use the Onlykey as passkey login for up to 12 different websites at once, right?

I learned about the above command on the official documentation of onlykey-cli (OnlyKey Command-Line Utility | Docs) at the bottom (section ‘List and remove FIDO2 resident keys’).

But at the product comparison with yubikey at Products - CryptoTrust it says that Onlykey acts as a FIDO security key for an unlimited number of websites.

Could somebody please explain this to me? Maybe I am mixing things… the whole topic of FIDO U2F, FIDO2 and passkeys is a little bit confusing to me.

Thanks in advance!

So with FIDO2 you can use security key at an unlimited number of sites for MFA. So you have a password plus the security key to login. FIDO2 also supports passwordless authentication using this thing called resident keys, these are stored on the device and OnlyKey supports 12 of these resident keys.